Sadly today some insect pollinators are now dependent on humans to protect them & ultimately our co longterm survival.
All around the world bees in particular are facing decline due to the dreaded Varroa mite and other threats including climate change, habitat loss & man-made chemical interference in agricultural or suburban environments.
One mouthful in three and nearly 3/4 of the diversity of our daily food is directly attributed to insect pollination. Therefore it is important to realise that bees urgently need our help now more than ever as their absence would have dire longterm consequences for the human race.
Please show your support by;
- Provide fresh pesticide-free drinking water for bees by filling trays with water and pebble islands to avoid them drowning in summer when temperatures soar.
- Plant organic nectar and pollen sources in your garden to nourish bees. Check out http://www.treesforbeesnz.org/ for ideal options including some of the more common plants below;
Lavender , Sage , Cellantro , Thyme, Fennel, Borage, Crocus , Buttercup, Poppy , Sunflower , Sweet Asylum, Hollyhocks, Geranium, Aster.
- Do not use toxic chemical sprays especially on flowering plants in close proximity to bee hives.
- Support your local bee keeper for all their time & effort in maintaining healthy colonies for pollination in your area
- Shop with local sustainable agriculture such as vineyards , orchards and market gardens
- To combat global pollution please consume with recyclable and re useable packaging such as glass. Our honey jars are of the highest standard supplied by Arthur holmes and can be easily washed + sterilised at 100 degrees celcius for 10 minutes to be re purposed again.